Tuesday, May 6, 2008

May 6 - Day 2

I used to like to watch WWE wrestling and the such and for those who watch wrestling can now insert you best Jim Ross voice here...

"Good gaaawd!  That's the Undertaker's music!"  

Yes, the Undertaker can come and take me, because I'm literally getting my ass kicked by this and it's Day 2.

Day 2 as I said was supposed to be plyo's, but because of old battle wounds, I'm skipping plyo's to focus on regular cardio.  BUT, since I skipped the ab ripper workout yesterday I decided to do that today  aaaaaaaand got completely destroyed (you only need to watch the first 18 seconds, but this is what I felt like today).

(I hope to never go to hell, but this could be what it's like.)

I'm not good at reading things before I do them, usually I'll just start things.  I also overestimate my overall fitness level.  Well, I probably should've read the part on the ab ripper program that states you need to be flexible.  I'm about as flexible as a 2 x 4 and struggled to not only keep up with the DVD, but struggled to do some of the sets because of my lack of flexibility.  Good times!

So...Mistake 1 was not reading the directions and learning you have to be flexible to a certain degree to do the workout.

Mistake 2, I talked my buddy Dan (his brother's DVD's) into doing the workout with me. Needless to say we laughed at my misfortunes more than we were able to do the workout. HOWEVER, this ab ripper thing is ridiculous!  It's seriously one of the most difficult things I've ever tried, not to mention Dan made a really good point.  He asked me when the last time I really made an attempt to lift was and I couldn't think of anything more recent than 1999.  Not good times.

The Ab ripper workout is basically about 15 gut wrenching ab things you have to do in about 17 minutes.  1 set of 25 for each exercise is all and it sounds easy until you contort your body into some of these positions and then try to crunch or reach or whatever.  I was able to get up to 13 in one of the sets and will sheepishly admit most of the exercises I was able to do less than 5.  

Got home and despite my futility in the ab ripper workout, I struggled to get out of my car.  I maybe did less than 75 various types of situps and my stomach feels like I just went 12 rounds with Tyson.  Time for dinner and get ready for an arm and back workout tomorrow that I'm completely terrified of, because if I wake up tomorrow like I did today, it's gonna be ugly!

Dinner tonight...

Whole wheat organic pasta with organic roasted garlic sauce with 1 pound of ground turkey meat.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All right, I took today less than seriously. Tomorrow I'll "bring it" as P90 guy says and I'll push you to drop these pounds. Worse comes to worst I'll blame my sickness for making me weak. PS glad maggie was there for the end of the workout... solid.

Timm and Ally said...

Hey Matt! That was funny... :) I don't know what that P90X thing is - but it sounds brutal!!

It is sickening though - that guys can just start going on a "diet" or whatever and immediately lose 8 pounds, while us women gruel over 1 or 2 pounds! Ugh!