Monday, May 19, 2008

Day 14 and Day 15

To sum up the past two days click here...

Sunday (Day 14) was a rest day, but I actually did some light lifting and stretching.  I was feeling good about my 77 on the golf course the day before so I was ready to do a little outside the P90X workout schedule.  So that's what I did.

Monday (Day 15) didn't go so well.  Today for the first time in these two and half weeks I decided to up my weight on some dumbbell work.  This was also the first time I didn't bother to do the complete "warmup" before working out.  So as I proceeded to start I felt a nice "pop" in my left shoulder. When I say "pop," the dumbbell pretty much fell immediately on the floor.  Not good times...

So I waited for awhile to see if it was just a tweak or if I really did something.  I cut the weight in half and tried to lift a 20 pounder and it fell on my foot.  So my arm is stiff as my back right now as I type this and it looks like I may have done something to postpone P90X for a few days. If I was a pitcher, I think I'd be day-to-day for right now, but I could be looking at a stint on the 15-day DL with at least a minor league rehab start.  That means I'm looking at a week full of cardio.  YES!

No comments: