Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 10 - Bi's, Tri's, and Shoulders

I was soooooo hoping David Archuleta would lose just for crying on his homecoming visit (I want to slap that stupid perma-grin on his face!  I hope when he loses next week his dad rushes the stage and beats him with a cane!  Not really, but you know what I mean).  If David Cook doesn't win, for the second year in a row it's rigged...just like the NBA playoffs.

"The first week's the toughest, no doubt about it.  They march you in naked as the day your were born, muscles burning, lungs burning, and half blind because you have close your eyes because of the pain, and when they put you in that weight room, when those doors slam home, that's when you know it's for real."

It took me that first week to realize it was for real and I was actually making a commitment to something other than reality T.V. and keeping up my Facebook page.  Having skipped yesterday because of errands and ineptitude at the bank I was ready to go today.

A lot of curls and presses today, but it went great and I had a very good day.  The soreness is pretty much gone, but it's enough muscle fatigue to remind you that you're doing something.  In other words, I'm no longer scared for my golf tournament Monday and that I won't be able to swing a club because I'm so stiff.  The yoga and stretching is helping, I can tell, especially in my neck and shoulders, they're getting looser.  I may even be able to get my golf club shaft perpendicular to the ground next week!

Dan and I realized a few things today.  I just realized also that Dan and I sound like a gay couple on this blog.  For those of you who don't know, Dan is my assistant basketball coach and professional bodybuilder.  For those who have never met Dan, he reminds me of this guy.  In all reality, Dan's a great guy, we're not gay, and he's not a bodybuilder.

What I realized today was why douche's like to look at themselves in a mirror when they lift. While Dan was commenting on how funny his head looked in the mirror, I caught myself glancing at myself and (insert Ron Burgandy voice here) being quite impressed with myself because I do a thousand curls everyday.  You've had to have seen Anchorman (fast forward to 5:40 mark) to know what I'm talking about.  I saw veins I've never seen before and I actually caught a brief glimpse of something called muscle definition in my shoulders.  I had to look that up, but I'm pretty sure that's what it's called.  Dan also said I close my eyes when I lift and when I'm getting tired they're completely closed...I told him my eyes weren't closed, it was just that I'm Asian and he was looking at me in a mirror.

A second thing I noticed today was either I put too much deodorant on or the deodorant I wear really works.  I prefer to use the stick kind, but when I do curls and keep my elbows in, my armpits stick to my sides and it chafes bad.  It's like two pieces of sandpaper rubbing together under my arms.  It may sound insignificant, but it's my biggest obstacle right now, that and doing close grip pullups.

Anyway, tomorrow is definitely a cardio day.  I really have to push it.  Only a few weeks until the end of the month and my love handles aren't going away.  Also, I totally caved in tonight and on the way home from the mall I stopped here, probably my favorite establishments (Terra and Jarod probably won't even have to click on the link).  Ooops.

No comments: