Monday, May 12, 2008

Day 8

Remember when I said I wasn't real good at reading directions first and have a tendency to jump into things?  Well, seems I found another little mistake with P90X and need to figure out a solution soon.

Dan had told me Day 7 was a day of rest.  Honestly, after a grueling week my body needed it, but as I was reading the book to plan my week out, I realized I was supposed to be doing a core workout, which is something I really need.   However, Dan couldn't find the DVD after I asked him about it so we started over with the pushup/pullup workout from Day 1.  Good times!


Incubus is one of best bands in the world and Dig is probably my favorite song.  Speaking of good music, the Dave Matthews Band is highly overrated, yet deeply underrated as well.  I listen to DMB almost everyday and the songs you hear on the radio are probably their worst songs (overrated), just like Incubus.  I've added some links to some of both groups songs that most people have probably never heard unless they're a die hard fan, which I admit I am.  I have a man crush on both Dave and Brandon!  Both bands are 1000 times better live than they are on any CD and I suggest you catch them anytime you can.

Anyway, if you remember Day 1 wasn't that great for me.  I struggled mightily to get through the workout and everything I had read was coming true.  What everyone who has been through the program also said was the program is much easier as you get into it and it definitely was. The first week I wasn't sure if I wanted to put myself through this for 90 days, but today despite being a little tired, I was ready to go.

I struggled this past week with keeping form, especially when I was gassed and got sloppy.  This week is off to a much better start.  I kept my goals for number of reps the same as Day 1, but concentrated on form and breathing.  Although I still can't do many pullups to save my life, things went a lot better today and my form was also better.  There's still 2 things I can't hardly do from this workout, the close-grip pullup is brutal half way through as is the submarine pushup at the end.  But, I hit all my other numbers, which I was satisfied with and I'm not nearly as sore as last week.

Food intake
Breakfast - Yogurt
Lunch - left over Bulgogi
Snack - Kashi bar and post workout protein shake
Dinner - 2 PBJ

I can tell I'm back on whey with a little bit of creatine in it.  After 1 week I can tell I'm retaining the water my muscles need to build and recover and help reduce fatigue.  I'm slightly bloated, but that weight is easy to lose.  I also weighed myself today and was down to 185, which means I lost another 3 lbs over the course of the last part of last week.  Remember I started at 196 and am at 185, which for all you math majors, I've dropped 11 pounds in 2 weeks.  Not bad.  If I can drop another 11 over the next 2 weeks I'll be thrilled.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.fitnessdestinations.com/p90x-review-day-7-stretch-x/

i am pretty sure all you do on day 7 is stretch. I think that link confirms my suscpicion.