Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day 13 - Hi-ya!

This morning was one day where I was at least able to stay on schedule.  Kenpo was today, this morning really as I had a tee time for 11:30.

I did some research on kenpo last night and found out it's kinda a hybrid of martial arts. Naturally, it derives from one American's interpretation of a bunch of styles.  Definitely not hard core martial arts, but kinda a introduction.  

ANYWAY, Dan didn't want to participate today and I knew I'd be too tired to do it later in the day so I woke up at 7, ate breakfast, and did kenpo by myself.  Today was a breeze and I dominated it, until I tweaked a hammy on a back kick that I executed wrong because I was getting tired.  Stupid back kick, nobody uses them anyway.  If I'm in a fight with against 2 other people...wait, if I'm ever in a fight at this point in my life it's a free for all at the Blue Goose and there's going to be about 5 or 6 of my buddies there.  It's not ever going to be 2 against 1.  I doubt I'd succumb to an 2 attackers at this point in my life either.

But the real reason I'm writing tonight.  Last time I golfed was a few weeks ago and boy was it brutal.  For some reason I couldn't execute anything.  Today i was hoping just to shoot under 90 in the 100 degree heat with Jarod and Dan.  Well I shot 77!  The big thing is I had more flexibility and was able to finish my swing.  

(Side note:  As I'm typing this I'm watching Evan Almighty.  Awful.)

My point is I can make an honest assessment and say even thought I hate the Yoga and some of the other things, it's helping a great deal.  Now I had a buddy ask me about the program and I will say this.  It's tough to commit to 60-90 minutes a day, 7 days a week.  I'm almost through 2 weeks and I'm already compromising the workout.  However I definitely think it's something I'll be able to continue as I go back to Minnesota this summer.  I may not look like they do in the DVD, but I should be able to continue with the majority of it through the full 90 days. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry Matt, when you get back to Minnesota. I will keep you on track.