Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 5

I said early I've some what modified P90X because I do not want to add any size to my already freakishly large legs.  I have a hard enough time buying jeans the way it is.

So today was take 2 of the ab ripper in place of the leg workout.  The good part about the ab ripper is that it is only 17 minutes long and after trying to do 90 minutes of yoga yesterday this was over in no time.  The other benefit today was there was nobody laughing at my futility today, which allowed me to do almost all of the exercises with the exception of 1 or 2.  My reps though definitely went up today, but I'm still gassed towards the end and really struggle on a few.

One aspect I really like about this program is the rest you get.  You work your balls off doing the workout, but they give you at least 3 days off before you target them again.  In a short 5 days I can already tell I've gotten leaner, especially in my arms and back.  Hopefully I don't hit a plateau, but  P90X is supposedly plateau proof.

Breakfast - Cereal
Lunch - Spaghetti w/turkey meat
Protein shake
Dinner - ? (maybe a sub)

I already drink about 150-175 oz. of water a day, but today for some reason I noticed I'm cramping a little bit.  Not sure if it's the supplements or I just need to increase water consumption, which is tough when I'm already drinking that much.

Not much to report today, took a day off from work for mental health purposes and laid in the sun for about an hour, pulled some weeds (never ending in the desert), and took a long afternoon nap.

Kenpo mixed martial arts manana.

  

No comments: