Thursday, June 5, 2008

Las Vegas

Las Vegas...one of my favorite places to visit.  It has nothing really to do with gambling and the booze, but man I love people watching.  Especially the odd combinations of men and women.  I wish my camera was working better this past weekend, but I love seeing the 60 year old fat guy with the 20ish wife with 48 DD's and Vegas has plenty of those.

Anyway, we were up to celebrate Jarod's bachelor party and it was a blast.  I'm glad I had dropped those 15 pounds the prior few weeks only to come back Sunday +7 lbs.  7 pounds!!!  How does that happen?  I mean sure we had our fair share of bad food and excess of alcoholic beverages, but 7 pounds is absurd.  Fortunately for me, I didn't feel soooo bad because Jarod gained 15! Needless to say I was ecstatic with my 7.

Anyway, staying up 4 days in a row until the sun comes up really messes up your system for about a week.  On the final night (morning) we were there after trying to get into Tryst at Wynn, we decided to cap off the weekend with 21 double cheeseburgers for the 6 of us.  We each had about 2 until there were 10 left and we bet Howard he couldn't eat the rest of them. Despite going Kobiyashi on them he made it to 6 and I think he's still backed up today.  

The workout routine really struggled as we didn't do much of anything other than lay in the pool during the day and then find some club to go to at night.  Another bad part about Vegas is all the walking I did, I my foot that I thought I had broken this winter is acting up and it feels like a hammer is hitting it every time I walk again.  Thankfully, my MN trip is a few days away and I'll be going full bore again once I get up there.

No comments: